Followers

Thursday 7 April 2011

Pre-Raphaelite & Vintage Trinkets


I went to a  Pre-Raphaelite exhibition yesterday; The Poetry of Drawing at the Birmingham museum. It was amazing to look so closely at the work of The pre-Raphaelites during a period in art that has always fascinated me. The drawings, painting, and stained glass were stunning.
Most of my recent crafting has been influenced by that era as it appeals to the romantic in me. I have just completed  a small book using beer mats that feature a couple of the artists from that period, Dante Gabriel Rossetti and  J. W. Waterhouse. I used some Claudine Wellmuth sticky canvas on the front cover and a combination of rubber stamping, painting and some digital images (using Grafix rub onz) to complete the project. Oh and some cute mini tassels, I bought from Joanna Sheen, a mini flower and pearl brad. The stamps used were Oxford Impressions, Soul of the Rose, which are available at LB Crafts, and lost coast designs.









The trinket box, I made a couple of weeks ago for a friends birthday using Graphic 45 renaissance Faire paper, the renaissance being another period of art that interests me. I used the Tim Holtz ornate feet and a curio knob to complete along with another tassel. The box is also lined with graphic 45 paper. I used a spray glue to stick the papers to a cheap wooden box. This box was inspired by a similar project I stumbled across whilst browsing youtube!






My final piece is a notebook which has been covered in more claudine Wellmuth sticky canvas. I used the free paint shop pro software to design the cover using some vintage images. I covered the inside also and stamped various butterfly images to co-ordinate with the theme and printed a similar back cover. I used the bind it all to complete the book and  finished with a Tim Holtz book plate, key and chain and another lovely tassell.




7 comments:

Lin said...

OMG How completely gorgeous is this little lot!!! Love it all, but the girl with the pearl earring is so appropriate for a trinket box!

Lin xx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful book and box! Lynne and I do hope you will be part of our design team on Moonlight Journey. MY OH MY you truly are a wonderful talent!
XXXX
Becky

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning.
Regards Florence.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous trinket box and notebook. Lovely images. x

Astrid Maclean said...

All of these projects are amazing! What a brilliant use of papers, gorgeous, stunning work! Thanks for your visit to my blog, so glad you did as it made me find you lol. I'll become a follower and will be back for sure! I think we have very similar styles ( and taste I guess..)

Dolly Daydreams said...

These are amazing , Just love everything have become a follower such sensational work.

Marie

jacirascrap said...

Adorei muito seu blog, seus trabalhos são incríveis! Já sou sua seguidora!!