Followers

Thursday 2 June 2011

A Couple of Altered Items!

I have quite a few wooden items lurking in my crafting cupboard including this wooden shrine that I bought ages ago but have never got round to doing anything with.


I painted the shrine with white gesso, then used distressed inks to create the background colours. For the centre piece I used Katzelkraft Dragonfly stamp which is available from the The Craft Barn and my much much used Pink Paislee butterfly garden stamps. The statue is a downloaded image from the internet I have had for a while. I used grafix rub onz to add the image to the central panel. The stamps used on the two smaller panels are Artemio hedgerow plants. I coloured these using distress inks then spray varnished to finish.




This is a revamped piece, that I repainted and stamped as I was never happy with how it had previously turned out. I used a pale eggshell blue matt emulsion and stamped the images on the frame with coffee archival ink, Pink Paislee butterfly garden stamps again I'm afraid!! This is actually a photo frame, I decided not to use the glass and I used gesso on the hardboard back to create a surface for stamping, then painted on a coat of matt emulsion. The stamp used is a lost coast designs Winged girl.

Happy Crafting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous. Your projects never disappoint. It is always a treat to visit your blog.
Regards Florence.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning pieces and these stamps are just wonderful!!

Chrissy said...

Hi,

I love your work it is so very pretty - the wooden Shrine is gorgeous!!

Chrissy. xx

Joan said...

Two fabulous pieces of art. I have kept meaning to get the Pink Paisley butterfly set & now seeing how beautifully you have used it has made me make up my mind to get it ordered !
lovely colours too.