Followers

Monday 11 July 2011

Crafty Individuals Challenge ~ Wedding Casket

The theme for the July Crafty Individuals Challenge is pink, cream & brown. Mmmm what a lovely combo, lush and vintage. I actually did two, but decided to enter the Wedding Casket.

I altered a wooden jewellery box, which I painted using pink and brown matt emulsion and crackled. I then used CI - 161 and stamped the script randomly over the box with coffee archival ink. I sprayed the box with crafters companion varnish. I used cream cotton which I painted with gesso and stamped CI - 139 and coloured with distress inks. I then coated with matt mod podge to protect the stamped image, finally outlining with a gold leafing pen.

I dyed some white lace with hubby's tea bags. LOL! Then attached the lace and added pearls. I made a ribbon rose following one of the many youtube tutorials and added another lacy embellishment. Finally screwing on a Tim Holtz curio knob and feet to complete the casket.







I am also entering this into Our Vintage Affair July Challenge  ~ Wedding

The notebook is covered in some Claudine Hellmuth sticky canvas on which I printed a digital design. I added  tea dyed lace pearls and cream roses. I die cut some Tim Holtz vintage shabby paper with the baroque die then stamped with a Katzelcraft stamp. I used pro markers to colour  CI - 322 then cut, outlining with gold leafing pen and coated in glossy accents. Another ribbon rose and some danglies from my stash.


This is entered for the following challenges 


Thanks for all the lovely comments you are leaving.

Happy Crafting X

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you manage to pick between the two. My type of art, love what you have created.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous projects. I am now going back to read your post. I couldn't wait to see what you had made I went straight to the photos!LOL! Love ribbon roses.
Regards Florence.

jacirascrap said...

Dois trabalhos tão ricos!!! Adorei!!!

downrightcrafty said...

such a beautiful creation and love the colour with all the detail thank you for joining us at Our Vintage Affair. I have candy if you are interested
Hugs Kate xx

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooooooo gorgeous work :D
Julie xx

Sid said...

Lovely projects !

Zuzu's Blog said...

both beautiful projects :) thanks loads for joining in on this months Crafty Individuals challenge.
Z x

Elena Litvinova said...

Beautiful and delicate work. Thank you for participating in the job blog OVA!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous projects !
Thank you for joining in with us at OVA

Jean Hardy said...

Just lovely crafting on both accounts, and the embellishments are right up my street. Thanks for playing along. Jean

Diamond Doll said...

Wow gorgeous creations.Thanx for joining us at CRAFTS and ME this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Chris said...

WOW, you really put your heart into these items. I love your embellies on the box and the notepad is just gorgeous.
I'm so glad I got to visit you today and see your work.
thanks for playing with us at SFTW

Sue said...

Lovely as usual.

Kate's Makes said...

How gorgeous, you have created something really special :) Thanks for taking part in our 'wings and things' challenge over at SFTW :) Kate x

Linda said...

Beautiful creations! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday with your wonderful card.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Lin said...

I don't get to check in here as often as I woul like, but your creations are always so beautiful and it's a treat to read how you made them. That notebook is absolutely gorgeous!

Lin xx

Soo said...

Those are beautiful - positively lush!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Two absolutely gorgeous projects, such attention to detail!!
Siobhan

tt.scraps said...

Lovely projects! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!
Tammy

Debbie said...

Awesome projects! Great design, colours and techniques! Fabulous!

Jaluza Scrap said...

Linda caixa. Lindo projeto.

Toni said...

These are just stunning creations... I just love the colors of your first project. Pink and brown (yummy !!!) and your flowers turned out GREAT !!! Thank you for creating with us at Our Vintage Affair. xoxo

Netty said...

Oh wow, loving your box and notebook, brill. x