Followers

Thursday 30 May 2013

Linen & Lace



Some more stitchery from me and variations on a theme, as I have made similar versions before. Simple soft quilted purses made from linen.



Featuring my favourite vintage lady, Lily Elsie. The images are from the graphics fairy and Imagenes vintage gratis and were used in GIMP to make the digital image, then printed on cotton. I have been using gimp more recently as I want to incorporate more digital images in my sewing.



I'll be back at the end of the week with a new Fashionable Stamping Challenge and my first post for the Stampsmith.

Take care and have a lovely day. It's a very soggy one here as it has been raining continuously for the past three days. Oh the joys of an English summer.

Happy Crafting xx

9 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning and that image is indeed wonderful! How clever to print on cotton! The whole bag is just beautiful, both inside and out!

Netty said...

wow your work is stunningly beautiful, Paula. Hugs Annette x

Words and Pictures said...

Another exquisite make, Paula... the printing direct onto the fabric looks beautiful, and that lace edging is just gorgeous!
Alison x

Dorthe said...

Beautiful new bag- I too love digital images in sewing projects, Paula, and this is lovely!
xo,Dorthe

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Paula. This is a drop-dead gorgeous bag! The inside pattern and the lace on the front (not just stuck there) look fantastic!!!
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

LOVE IT. What a fabulous creation with gorgeous colours and fabrics. The quality of what you make us out of this world Paula.
Have a great day.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Paper Profusion said...

Paula I simply LOVE all your makes - they are always so perfect and exquisite. This is so wonderfully vintagely (word?) pretty. We are supposed to have a mini heatwave this weekend!! Nicola x

Terry said...

Paula, I will never grow tired of taking in the beauty of your sewing projects! Love the linen and lace and adding that image made in extra special! Love this! Enjoy the weekend and maybe it will be sunny! Hugs!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh my these are gorgeous! Love the lace edging and the great image choices. Hugs, Jenny x